When we established Revelation Television we were given a clear vision by God. It was to establish a Christian television station which will:
• Present the gospel of Christ and seek to make disciples (Matthew 28:16-20).
• Pursue excellence in the areas of production and presentation, using the latest technology.
• Maximise the participation of the viewers in all our programs.
• Seek to address the issues of the day, giving them a uniquely Christian perspective.
• Equip the Church to counter the increasing secularisation of our society.
• Seek to encourage and equip God’s people for the work of mission (Ephesians 4:12).
• Be a prophetic voice and not be afraid to take on the centres of power and authority.
• Be a voice in support of the Jewish people and nation of Israel.
As organisations grow they inevitably change, however, the original vision remains the same and needs to be re-iterated. In recent days we have been reflecting on the vision God gave us and how it needs to be implemented in the coming days.
• We need to refocus more on the quality and content of our in-house programmes. They will be well researched and presented. There will be fewer adverts freeing up space for RTV promos and short creative and thought provoking specials.
• New programs will be commissioned. The criteria that we will use to judge the merit of a new programme, will be the vision that God has given us.
• Viewer interaction remains an important part of the vision given to us by God and it therefore needs to remain a central part of all our programmes. We will continue to develop the technology and provide the production staff to ensure that this happens.
As the person to whom God gave the original vision, I am excited about the future. I believe the timing is right for these changes and I am convinced that they will help us to fulfil the vision the Lord gave us. I therefore ask you to stand with us and pray for us. Now is the time for Revelation.
-Howard Conder, Founder of Revelation TV.